Why Study Geography
1. So you will know where you are going, and the best way to get there.
2. To understand the people, and their cultures, that share this planet with you.
3. History makes more sense when you know where, as well as when you are learning about.
4. To understand how and why people organize their societies.
5. To see how people are connected rather than separated.
6. To have a background to help you make informed decision on how to manage our planet’s resources.
7. To understand how physical systems change the Earth, and how people interact with their environments.
8. To understand "why there?"
Helpful Sites To Look Up Geography Topics-
1. National Geographic Encyclopedia
2. Enchanted Learning: Geographic Terms
3. Geography Awareness: National Geographic
Quizzes and Tests (Games):
1.This is a helpful site to study for a country location quiz: Sheppardsoftware
2. We will go over these in class, but check out this website for mnemonic devices
3. Geography fun Free Rice
4. Quizlet- Major lines of Latitude and longitude
5. More Geography mnemonic devices
6. Study smarter, learn better: 8 tips from memory researchers
1. CIA Factbook
2. Google Maps
3. Population Reference Bureau
Current Events/ News:
1. BBC News or http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/news/
2. PBS News Hour
4. New York Times
7. Local Events: KSL